Board-Certified Austin Orthodontist
David Hime, DDS, MS
Dr. Hime loves meeting and getting to know so many people from all over Austin. He loves seeing his patients many years after their treatment is complete.
He’s even gone to many weddings of former patients and heard how their new spouses were initially attracted to them because of their smiles!
Dr. Hime is a native of San Antonio. He graduated from Texas A&M University with an undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering before graduating from the UT Dental Branch in Houston in 1986.
He then went to the University of Louisville School of Dentistry in 1988, earning a Master of Science degree in Oral Biology and a certificate in Orthodontics.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Dental Association - Member
- Texas Dental Association - Member
- Capital Area Dental Society - Member
- Southwestern Society of Orthodontists - Member
- Texas Association of Orthodontists - Member
- American Association of Orthodontists - Member
- Texas Orthodontic Study Club - Member
- Young Dentist Committee, Capital Area Dental Society - Chair
- Peer Review Committee, Capital Area Dental Society - Chair
- Texas Association of Orthodontists - President
- Texas Orthodontic Study Club - President
Outside of the Office
Dr. Hime loves spending time with his wife Tracey traveling, hiking, fishing, water skiing and generally enjoying the outdoors. His greatest enjoyment comes from spending time with his 3 daughters, sons-in-law, and grandchildren doing anything and everything.
Dr. Hime also lectures nationally and internationally, teaching orthodontic techniques to fellow orthodontists.
He's also an avid photography enthusiast who also enjoys traveling and spending time with his family. See a portfolio of his photography.
Also, Dr. Hime has ridden his bicycle across the U.S.—twice!